I thought (hoped) the pitch would have survived for this one. Disappointed. The powers at be in the game need to give some serious consideration to a winter shutdown. I was never in favour of this but these days I think its a more realistic option. As a club we have lost more vital Saturday income which will hit the finances in the long term. The team also can't get any form of consistency at all. All the postponements are just adding to a fixture pile up in the final third of the season and increases the chance of injury to the small playing squad we have. So frustrating, I feel we had a good chance to stop the rot today but that now bounces onto Cowdenbeath away on Tuesday, a considerably more difficult task, that is of course if the game goes ahead and Scotland doesn't get hit with another tropical storm.
I agree with the winter shutdown. Postponements don't help as other clubs open up a gap and we then would be under pressure to make it up. Again we rely on other teams to do us a favour today. Let's hope all the games finish a draw especially the Airdrie game.
That's why we're not winning games as well because of these postponed games putting rovers off there Rhythm, because of the clifftonhill pitch, I know we're talked about this in the past, But something needs to be done with the Drainage, were on a hill and a few pipes under the ground would help, but would cost a lot of money, maybe we could get a millionaire from somewhere to help out on that one, we'll good for rovers winning a warm up game today, we'll done